Julie specialises in employment law and works across the full spectrum of employment issues for both Claimants and Respondents. She has significant experience in complex discrimination, TUPE, whistleblowing and unfair dismissal cases. An experienced advocate, Julie regularly conducts multi-day cases in the Employment Tribunal, along with preliminary applications which has resulted in her securing various successful costs orders, strike outs and deposit applications.
Julie’s varied and broad non-contentious employment advisory practice, includes but is not limited to: large scale redundancy consultations, Covid-19 (contentious and non-contentious disputes), TUPE transfers, breach of contract; employee status; whistleblowing; GDPR; and discrimination issues.
With a wealth of experience across sectors and legal disciplines, Julie was also involved in assisting 23 of the victims’ families in the Hillsborough disaster. She is known as a trusted advisor due to her commercially-minded, jargon free approach. Julie frequently delivers bespoke in-house training to a diverse range of clients, including virtually.
Julie is also fully conversant with virtual hearings via CVP/Skype and other virtual platforms and accepts paperless instructions where required. She also represents Claimants and Respondents at Judicial Mediation and Judicial Assessment hearings.
Some of Julie’s recent experience includes:
- Successfully defended claims of unfair dismissal, race discrimination and breach of contract on behalf of an international logistics service group;
- Successfully defended a leading educational charity against claims of whistleblowing;
- Successfully defeated a claim of unfair dismissal against an international manufacturing group;
- Defended a large care operator against claims of unfair dismissal against a redundancy/reorganisation claim; and
- Represented a Claimant in a 15-day whistleblowing claim.
- Successfully defended a sex discrimination claim against a large international organisation;
- Successfully defended a disability discrimination claim on behalf of a large manufacturing company;
- Represented an international retailer in successfully achieving 24 deposit orders and strike out for an indirect discrimination claim against a Claimant;
- Successfully defended claims of race and sex discrimination for an international retail group; and
- Secured a finding of pregnancy and maternity discrimination on behalf of a Claimant.
Appointments and Memberships
Member of Middle Temple
St Philips Employment Group