We are always pleased to receive applications from exceptional practitioners in any of the fields in which we practice. Successful applicants will generally already have, or be ready to develop, specialist practices.
Applications should be made by letter and CV enclosing a completed Confidential Information Form (link in point 5 below).
These should be sent to the Chairman of the Recruitment Committee, Ben Mills, and marked “Recruitment”. E-mailed applications to email@example.com should be copied to Juliette Print, Chambers Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The letter should set out:
Practice Groups are as follows:
2. Please set out your gross fee income (excluding VAT) for the last three years, with a computer print out or similar breakdown and evidence. Where income has been affected by a career break, you may provide earlier details or some other evidence as to earning potential.
3. You should provide two examples of written work, suitably anonymized. These should generally be from the last year.
4. You should provide details of at least one case of difficulty or complexity in which you have been involved, giving details of your involvement.
5. You should complete and submit answers to a set of formal questions as part of your initial application. Confidential Information Form
6. Please provide the names (with email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees, which we will assume that we contact unless clearly marked otherwise.
This procedure is primarily designed for those who are already in practice as independent barristers. If you are in a different situation, please feel free to adapt your application accordingly, and to discuss your position with us.
We are committed to equal opportunities and to promoting diversity within the profession. You will be asked to complete and Equal Opportunities monitoring form. This does not form part of your application, and is generally not seen by those who make the decisions about your application.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of your application or potential application, or if you want to know more about St Philips, please contact the Chairman of our Recruitment Committee, Ben Mills, on 0121 246 7000 (or email@example.com). If he is not available, please contact our Chambers Director, Joe Wilson or Chambers Administrator, Juliette Print, on 0121 246 7000.
You should receive an acknowledgement of your application within a few days. Please contact us if you do not.
We will generally contact you by email, and will assume, unless you tell us otherwise, that any contact numbers etc. that you give us can be used without causing you embarrassment.
The Chambers Complaints Procedure is available for anyone unhappy about how his or her application has been dealt with. Juliette Print, Chambers Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) can provide details.