Alex completed a specialist criminal pupillage under the supervision of Tom Walkling between October 2017 and October 2018.
Alex accepts instructions in the practice areas of criminal and regulatory law.
- LLB (Hons), Law, University of Birmingham – First Class
- BPTC, University of Law – Very Competent
Scholarships and prizes:
- Albion Richardson Award, Gray’s Inn
- Lady Barber Prize for Mooting, University of Birmingham
- Camm Cup Mooting Competition Winner 2015/16, University of Birmingham
Membership of Professional Organisations:
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Criminal Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Alex is regularly instructed in Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court proceedings. He is listed on the CPS Advocate Panel for general crime, level 1.
Since becoming a tenant in chambers, Alex has also achieved multiple successes in the Court of Appeal, where he has been commended for his advocacy. Notably, in R v Mahmood  EWCA Crim 2746, Alex successfully appealed the sentence of his client in a case involving multiple conspiracies to supply drugs and 11 defendants, following a two-day sentencing hearing.
Alex is also increasingly being instructed to conduct trials in the Crown Court.+ Add to Brochure