Andrew is an experienced Clinical Negligence barrister and head of the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury Groups.
What the directories say:
- “He is very switched-on and extremely thorough. His ability to get his head around complex medical issues is very impressive. His advice and support fills me with confidence in any case in which he is instructed.” “Responsive and great with clients. Good technical ability.” (Chambers and Partners 2019)
- “He has full command of the key issues in a case” (Legal 500 2019) Ranked Tier 1 PI/Clin Neg
- “His attention to detail on some of the finer points was second to none. I was impressed with his approachable manner yet in-depth knowledge of the subject matter, which you would only see from a true specialist in the field of clinical negligence.” (Chambers and Partners 2018)
- “He has an eye for detail; his drafting is impressive. He’s a strong advocate.” “He’s got a really good feel for client care.” (Chambers and Partners 2016)
- “He is personable, and has great client-care skills.” (Legal 500 2016)
- “His client care is second to none. I use him on cases with clients that are more difficult as he manages their expectation well.” “He picks up on complex issues quickly.”(Chambers and Partners 2015)
Qualifications and Appointments:
- LLB (Hons) 2:1 University of Birmingham
- ICSL (Very Competent)
- Hardwicke Scholar of Lincolns Inn
- Treasurer of the Midland Circuit
- IoL Member
- AvMa Member
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Disciplinary Tribunals & Professional Regulation
As a member of both the Regulatory and Clinical Negligence practice groups within Chambers Andrew is well equipped to provide effective representation to members of the medical and dental professions before disciplinary tribunals. Andrew’s expertise is recognised in both arenas in leading directories (Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 2015): ‘He has a great grasp of technical areas of law.’ "His client care is second to none. I use him on cases with clients that are more difficult as he manages their expectation well." "He picks up on complex issues quickly." "He is an excellent advocate, commercial, well prepared and good with clients." "He is measured in his approach and quietly persistent."+ Add to Brochure
Inquests & Coronial
Andrew accepts instructions to advise and represent corporate entities and families at inquests, particularly where civil claims are contemplated. Andrew also has a busy clinical negligence practice and is comfortable dealing with medical evidence.+ Add to Brochure
Over the last 20 years Andrew has developed an established reputation in this field as a result of his wide-ranging experience in this ever-developing area. Andrew acts for the trade, local authorities and responsible authorities (where separate representation is required).
Best known for his alcohol and entertainment licensing, Andrew Evans also advises on and provides representation for disputes arising from the licensing of taxis and in other more esoteric areas of licensing. He is especially noted for the thoroughness of his preparation, his eye kept on the bigger picture and his courtroom acuity.
Chambers and Partners 2019 – Band 1
"Very approachable and hard-working. Commercial in his advice and conscious of the client's objectives." "He is well prepared and thinks outside of the box."
Legal 500 – Leading Juniors Tier 1
"Indomitable on his feet and takes no prisoners."
Chambers and Partners 2018 – Band 1
"Probably the most solicitor-friendly counsel imaginable in terms of turnaround time. He's very reliable." "Every time he does an application he always takes the time and effort to go and look at it, whatever and wherever it is. That's the level of effort he puts in to every matter."
- "Unflappable and industrious."
- "Our first choice counsel for all matters in the Midlands and the North. He is an excellent advocate – commercial, well prepared and good with clients."
- "He is approachable, pleasant to deal with and knows what he's talking about."
Andrew regularly appears before local authorities, the Magistrates’ Court, Crown Court and Administrative Court in licensing matters. Andrew receives instructions in matters relating to the Licensing Act 2003 from major pub operators, hotel chains and local authorities across England and Wales to provide specialist advice and advocacy on a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Andrew can be available for emergency applications such as summary review/ interim steps applications and closure order applications at short notice.+ Add to Brochure