Gemma relocated to Birmingham from a specialist family set. She now specialises exclusively in public child law.
Gemma has spoken at training conferences and seminars for solicitors and magistrates. She has provided court skills training as a component of a masters degree course in social work.
She was a member of the Oxford Local Family Justice Board.
She has been shortlisted in previous years for Birmingham Law Society’s Barrister of the Year award, and Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year award.
Recent Notable Cases
- Re T and A (2018) – represented a parent in a head injury and multiple fractures case
- Re N – (2018) represented the local authority in a case where the subject children were implicated in deaths of other young people
- Re N – (2018) represented the local authority in a case where the children gave live evidence of serious physical and emotional abuse
- Re F – (2018) represented an intervenor in a case of fractures, and bite marks to a young baby’s face
- Re J – (2018) represented a parent in a case where a subject child was alleging the most serious sexual and physical abuse
- Re D – (2018) represented the children in a case involving allegations (variously against adults and minors) of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse, where a non-subject child, and a vulnerable young transgender person gave live evidence
- Re D – (2017) represented extended family members in a child death case in the High Court
- Re D – (2017) represented a terminally-ill parent in a case where the local authority sought to drastically reduce contact
- LLB London School of Economics
- MSc University of Oxford
- Queen Mother Scholar Middle Temple
- Approved pupil supervisor
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue