Company & Partnership
Members of the team have experience in both contentious and non-contentious company and partnership law and regularly advise on legal issues arising in transactions and corporate restructuring, as well as advising and representing parties in litigation.
The work undertaken includes:
- Shareholder disputes, including Derivative Claims, Unfair Prejudice Petitions and Just and Equitable Winding Up
- Directors’ duties
- Personal claims relating to company registers, meetings, removal of directors, takeover offers and ‘squeeze-out’ and ‘sell-out’ rights
- Share warranty claims
- Company formation and incorporation of existing partnerships and businesses
- Drafting and changing articles of association and shareholders’ agreements
- Capital Reductions and Reorganisations
- Rights issues, share allotments and transfers
- Schemes of Arrangement and Restructuring
- Takeovers, mergers and acquisitions
- Directors’ disqualification
We are instructed on behalf of companies, their shareholders and directors, in matters involving both public and private companies, from members of the FTSE 100 to single shareholder-director companies. Our members are instructed by solicitors in private practice and in-house lawyers. They are also regularly instructed by accountants. Several accept instructions directly from companies, directors and shareholders in relation to matters suitable for public access instructions.
Our team has substantial experience in contentious and non-contentious partnership law. This includes:
- Drafting of partnership agreements and LLP members’ agreements
- Representation and advice relating to retirement
- Representation and advice relating to expulsion
- Representation and advice relating to dissolution
- Construction of partnership and LLP members’ agreements
- Obtaining urgent injunctive relief
- Post-trial accounts and inquiries
- Representing parties in confidential arbitrations relating to partnership and LLP disputes
- Acting as arbitrators in confidential partnership disputes.
A number of our members are former solicitors who are able to bring a particular insight to disputes partnership and LLP disputes relating to the legal profession.