Raghav is a member of Chambers’ Business and Property Group. He can accept instructions (court work, advisory and drafting) in all areas across the Business and Property Group. Raghav has a particular affinity for commercial and residential property litigation and insolvency matters. Raghav regularly appears before the County Court and High Court on various types of interim applications and trials.
Raghav’s recent instructions (advisory, drafting and court work) include:
- Applications for possession and sale, with a particular emphasis within insolvency proceedings;
- Constructive and resulting trusts;
- Proprietary estoppel;
- Insolvency set off, breach of contract (including Consumer Rights Act 2015 matters) and unjust enrichment;
- Negligent misrepresentation and negligent misstatement;
- Part 55 trespass and Interim Possession Order applications;
- Bankruptcy and winding up petitions;
- Enforcement applications – charging orders, Part 71 applications;
- Section 8 and Section 21 possessions;
- Nuisance and Rylands v Fletcher liability;
- Conflict of laws and jurisdictional matters;
- Boundary disputes and agency; and
- Enforcement and Business Rates matters.
Raghav has also been instructed as junior counsel on a high-value company and partnership dispute as well as a large-scale professional negligence claim involving land agents and a solicitors’ firm.
Raghav also completed a secondment with a top solicitors’ firm Gowling WLG in their Real Estate Litigation Department. This provided Raghav with a thorough grounding in commercial and residential property litigation, working on matters including:
- Promotion and Option agreements;
- Overage agreements;
- Application and interpretation of positive and restrictive covenants and easements within commercial leases;
- Wayleave agreements;
- Rights to light, mines and minerals;
- Adverse possession;
- Mortgages and Charges;
- Profits à Prendre; and
- Leasehold and freehold covenants.
Prior to joining St Philips Chambers, Raghav spent four years working as a County Court advocate for a leading national advocacy firm. During that time he conducted thousands of hearings on behalf of clients in relation to civil matters, ranging from summary judgment applications to small claims. This provided Raghav with an invaluable understanding of civil and commercial practice and experience in courtroom advocacy.
Raghav regularly produces webinars and articles for the Business and Property Group which can be found on St Philips Chambers’ YouTube channel and website. Recent webinars include ‘Recent Cases on Directors’ Liability,’ case law updates on Proprietary Estoppel, Section 8 possession claims and the changes to procedure to Part 55 possession matters.
Raghav is passionate about all things cricket, plays regularly in his spare time and also enjoys travelling and reading literature and philosophy.
Appointments and Memberships
The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple – Call to the Bar 2014
Chancery Bar Association
The Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
The Property Bar Association
Commercial Bar Association