Jonathan Nosworthy is ranked in Band One in Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 as a specialist financial remedy practitioner. He provides advice and representation in cases involving all aspects of the financial consequences of marriage, civil partnership and other domestic relationship breakdown.
He has considerable expertise in dealing with very complex financial remedy claims involving large quantities of paperwork. He is particularly adept in dealing with cases involving substantial assets, business assets, overseas assets, pensions, trusts and the intervention of third parties. Further, he has significant experience in conducting cases involving applications to preserve assets (freezing orders) and involving applications to set aside transactions.
He also has extremely detailed knowledge of the law in relation to trusts of land and Schedule One of the Children Act 1989.
He has provided seminars and lectures to other members of the legal profession on these topics.
His clients include business people, professional sportsmen, barristers, solicitors, medics, accountants, farmers, landowners and their spouses.
“I would certainly recommend him to others – Jonathan has been so diligent, and skilful in his tactical advice/approach and supportive manner.”
What the directories say:
- “Extremely popular with clients and a highly effective advocate.”, “He is bright and has an extensive and detailed knowledge of the law.” and “A pleasure to work with.” – Chambers UK 2019
- “A formidable advocate with excellent knowledge of family law.” – Legal 500 2019
- “An exceptional cross-examiner, who is brilliant with clients; a silk in the making.” – Legal 500
- “An expert cross-examiner, who provides great client skills and second-to-none preparation.” – Legal 500
- “He is the best barrister I have ever used. His knowledge and preparation are brilliant, his cross-examination is fantastic, he is proactive and he cares.” “He is absolutely brilliant, well respected in the community, and has a knack of being able to simplify the detail. Clients really like him and I couldn’t speak more highly of him.” – Chambers and Partners 2016
- “A rising star.” – Legal 500 2015
- “Approachable and pragmatic, with an outstanding ability to understand and prepare a case which is used to great effect in cross-examination.” “Easy to approach and excellent with clients.” – Chambers and Partners 2015
- “Forms strong working relationships with instructing solicitors.” – Legal 500 2014
- Jonathan Nosworthy receives praise for his skill in handling complex financial cases, often handling matters complicated by farming assets and international matters, and also Schedule 1 Children Act disputes. Sources say: “He is one of the most well-prepared, knowledgeable and approachable of counsel I instruct.” “He puts clients instantly at ease, and is always well prepared.” (ranked in band 1) – Chambers and Partners 2014
- Jonathan Nosworthy impresses market commentators, who note that “his ability to advise lay clients and solicitors on the papers is second to none.” His practice is focused on ancillary relief work (ranked in band 1) – Chambers and Partners 2013
- Jonathan Nosworthy is “particularly adept in complex ancillary relief matters. Sources praise him as a rising star because of his impressive advocacy skills and strong dedication to his clients.” – Chambers and Partners 2012
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Deputy District Judge
- Bsc (hons)
- Dip Law
- Harmsworth Scholar (Middle Temple)
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue