John has a first class degree from the University of Cambridge. He achieved an Outstanding at Bar School and a Distinction for the GDL. He has won numerous scholarships and awards, including the Louis Gluckstein Advocacy Prize.
Before coming to the Bar, John worked as a Church of England minster. He became accomplished at public speaking in a variety of settings, such as weddings, funerals, assemblies and Sunday services. He now brings this wealth of experience to his courtroom advocacy.
John is able to assist at an early stage of proceedings by providing written or oral advice and drafting statements of case. Given his pastoral vocation, he is well placed to relate to clients in disputes arising from relationship breakdown or death.
He is married with a young daughter. In his spare time, he enjoys struggling to play the piano, mountain biking and the Malvern Hills.He speaks French.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Bar Professional Training Course (Outstanding) – BPP
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction) – BPP
- MPhil Philosophy of Religion & Ethics – University of Cambridge
- BA Theology (1st) – University of Cambridge
- BA Law (2:1) – University of Oxford
- Louis Gluckstein Advocacy Prize – Lincoln’s Inn
- Tancred Studentship – Lincoln’s Inn
- Excellence Award – BPP University
- Lord Brougham Scholarship – Lincoln’s Inn
- Hardwicke Entrance Award – Lincoln’s Inn
- Wordsworth MPhil Grant – Cambridge Divinity Faculty
- 1912 Senior Scholarship – Cambridge University
- Nick Clarke Prize – Cambridge University
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue