Emma came to the legal profession in 2007 following degrees in history at undergraduate and postgraduate level. She obtained a commendation in the Graduate Diploma of Legal Studies and a distinction in the Legal Practice Course. Emma commenced a training contract at Warwickshire County Council in 2009.
Emma qualified as a Solicitor in January 2012 and specialised in public law children proceedings.
In 2012 Emma was awarded the Outstanding Newcomer in the area of Children Law by the Association of Lawyers for Children.
Emma undertook the Higher Courts (Civil Advocacy) Qualification in 2013 and received recognition in 2014. She was called to the Bar and joined St Philips Chambers in 2016.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- BA (Hons) History (2:1) University of Liverpool
- MA History (Distinction) Unversity of Manchester
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies (Commendation) University of Birmingham
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction), College of Law
- Higher Courts (Civil Advocacy) Qualification
Articles and Publications:
Emma is a regular contributor to Family Law Journal which is “the principal (monthly) periodical dealing with contemporary issues”. Her published articles are as follows:
- Special guardianship orders [September 2018]
- Adoptive placements and withdrawal of proceedings [July 2018]
- Welfare and prospective adoptive placements [April 2018]
- Removal of children under care orders: learning lessons again? [December 2017]
- Special guardianship orders, supervision orders and serious case reviews [July 2017]
- Knowledge inquiry: children accommodated under s.20 of the Children Act 1989 [June 2017]
- Human Rights Act 1998 and s.20 of the Children Act 1989 [April 2017]
- Legal advice for social workers in complex private law cases [September 2016]
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue