Christopher was called to the Bar in 1986 and joined Number 2 Fountain Court (one of the founding sets of St Philips Chambers) in 1988, practising initially in the field of common law. Christopher has practised exclusively in the field of public child law since 1995. He acts on behalf of local authorities, parents, children and other family members and is frequently instructed in cases involving serious and medically complex injuries to children.
He was head of the St Philips child-care team for three years and has spoken at conferences and seminars on various aspects of the law relating to children.
Christopher was appointed as a Recorder in 2005 and is authorised to deal with family cases in both the private and public law jurisdictions. In 2013, he was authorised to sit as a Deputy High Court Judge in the Family Division.
What the Directories Say:
- “Very experienced. Calm, but resolute in advancing the client’s case appropriately.” and “A skilled advocate who is well respected, carefully analytical and extremely courteous to deal with.” – Chambers UK 2019
- “He is absolutely excellent. He is a very understated operator and has an absolutely first-class mind. He is a very clever man, and very good with the clients.” “He is superb – I would imagine he is one of the leading juniors in the public care work area.” – Chambers UK 2016
- “He is a really straightforward and measured opponent.” “He has a consistently professional manner dealing with both lay and professional witnesses and an exceptionally courteous and helpful approach in the conduct of court matters.” – Chambers UK 2015
Qualifications and Appointments:
- LLB (Hons) King’s College London
- Recorder 2005
- Deputy High Court Judge (Family Division) 2013
- A County Council v AB & Others  EWFC 82
- Coventry City Council v B, A, RK, KK [2012 ] EWHC 4014 (Fam)
- C v Solihull MBC  1 FLR 290
- Hereford and Worcester CC v S  2 FLR 360
- Re C (A Minor) (Care Proceedings:Disclosure)  Fam 76
- Re G (Leave to Appeal:Jurisdiction)  1 FLR 771
- A Local Authority v A & Others  EWHC 1982 (Fam)
- Association of Lawyers for Children
- Family Law Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue