Natalie joined Chambers in 2019 after successful completion of her pupillage and she is a member of Chambers’ Business and Property Group. She accepts instructions in all areas within the Business and Property Group, though has a particular interest in commercial litigation and insolvency matters.
Natalie appears regularly as sole counsel in the County Court and High Court, in interim applications and trials on the small claims, fast and multi tracks. She is repeatedly instructed by clients in advisory work and to settle proceedings in all aspects of commercial law and she welcomes involvement at an early stage of proceedings in providing advice and drafting letters before claim or statements of case.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, Natalie has regularly been instructed in both telephone and video hearings, including conducting a fast-track trial involving several witnesses via video-conferencing software.
Natalie has also been instructed as junior counsel in a large-scale commercial fraud, an unfair prejudice petition and proprietary injunctions in insolvency proceedings.
Recent advisory and court work includes:
- Multi-track trial concerning interpretation of contractual provisions
- Multi-track trial in relation to enforcing a personal guarantee where it was alleged to have been signed by mistake
- Ex parte proprietary injunction and section 365 search and seizure order applications
- Winding up petitions and administration orders- including disputes over priority of petitions and procedural defects
- Successfully obtaining a third-party debt order involving arguments surrounding the application of equity and res judicata
- Successfully opposing an application to add a new party to proceedings outside of limitation pursuant to CPR 19.5
- Orders for possession and sale, both under Part 55 and within existing insolvency proceedings
Before joining St Philips Chambers, Natalie spent 2 years at a large national law firm, which has provided her with invaluable experience of how to provide pragmatic and commercial advice to both solicitors and lay clients.
Natalie regularly produces webinars for Chamber, both as part of the Business and Property Juniors and the broader Business and Property Group, which can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-g7i2oRQtxwOG8XLDW9wZQ.
In her spare time, Natalie enjoys walking in the Peak District with her two dogs and is an ‘escape room’ enthusiast.
Appointments and Memberships
The Midland Chancery and Commercial Bar Association
Chancery Bar Association
Duke of Edinburgh Scholarship – Inner Temple
Exhibition Award – Inner Temple
Liberty Scholarship – University of Leeds
Taylor Prize: Runner-up Best Overall Student – Nottingham Law School
Mollie Williams Prize – Cardiff University