David is a specialist employment lawyer whose practice encompasses the full array of Tribunal, EAT, High Court and Court of Appeal litigation. David also accepts instructions in professional regulatory and disciplinary matters.
Frequently instructed by a wide variety of private sector respondents, David’s clients include banks and other blue chip companies. David often acts on behalf of public employers including central government departments, local government, the police and fire authorities. David also represents employees at senior executive level and trade unions or their members.
David is a regular speaker at employment seminars, including the frequent updates offered to practitioners by St Philips Chambers and events organised by external training providers.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Fee Paid Employment Judge
- Attorney General’s Treasury Counsel Panel
- Bar Vocational Course – Inns of Court School of Law
- Pegasus Scholarship – Inner Temple
- LLB (Hons) – Warwick University
What the Directories Say:
- Legal 500 (2019) – “Diligent, careful and considered.”
- Chambers and Partners (2019) – “His practice encompasses the full spectrum of employment law litigation”
- Chambers and Partners (2018) – “He has very good advocacy skills – he does not over-argue the point but will take a strategic view on the case instead.” “He is quite calm and deals with situations well in court, even when curveballs are thrown at him. I would highly recommend him for cases with difficult individuals, or where something needs to be handled carefully.“
- Legal 500 (2017) – “He has a brilliant legal mind.”
- Chambers and Partners (2016) – “very user-friendly, always accessible and his technical skills are very good”
- Legal 500 (2016) – “Experienced in discrimination and unfair dismissal cases”
- Chambers and Partners (2015) – “thorough and methodical – he works well to prepare the case for hearing and goes through everything step by step from beginning to end”
- Chambers and Partners (2014) – “very good in legally and factually complex cases. He is particularly strong at cross-examination, and his advocacy style is very thorough”
- Legal 500 (2012) – “exudes absolute confidence”
- Legal 500 (2011) – “seems to know the facts better than anyone else in the room and he applies them very precisely to the legal issues”
- Legal 500 (2010) – “approaches multi-day cases with the utmost thoroughness, and builds rapport very quickly”
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue