Cait joined chambers upon successful completion of her pupillage, having been principally supervised by Stuart Roberts.
She accepts instructions in all areas of practice, with a particular focus on commercial, chancery and personal injury work.
Cait regularly appears for both claimants and defendants in a range of matters, including contractual disputes and personal injury claims. She is also instructed to represent clients at CCMCs and interlocutory applications. Cait appears for clients in winding-up proceedings, bankruptcy proceedings and applications for interim and final charging orders.
During pupillage Cait also gained experience in Inheritance Act claims, disputes concerning the validity of wills and trust work.
Cait also has a busy paper practice, and is happy to provide written advice and draft statements of case in a variety of areas.
- Appeared on behalf of the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills in a contractual dispute arising from government funding of apprenticeship schemes.
- Appeared on behalf of an insurance company in a claim that centered on whether an action had already been compromised, and involved arguments concerning agency and fraud.
- Drafted statements of case in a breach of contract claim arising out of contracts relating to “Energy Companies’” targets.
- During pupillage Cait assisted her supervisor in several cases including a multi-million pound contractual dispute arising from a land development project.
Cait also writes articles on civil procedure for the Law Society Civil Justice Section.
- LLB Law (First Class) (2008-2011)
- BPTC, BBP Leeds, Very Competent (2011- 2012)
- Benefactors’ Scholarship, Middle Temple (2011)
- Ferens Scholarship (2008-2011)
- Finalist in the CEDR National Negotiation Competition (2010)
- Routledge Cavendish Law Prize, Top First Year Law Student (2009)
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Cait represents Claimants and Defendants in a wide range of personal injury claims and is often instructed in all stages of proceedings from pre-action advice to trial. She also receives instructions to draft statements of case, schedules, applications and advise in writing and in conference.
Prior to pupillage Cait worked as a Legal Research Assistant to an established personal injury and clinical negligence barrister and was involved in a number of inquests. She also assisted in drafting schedules, advising on liability and quantum and drafting statements of case in a range of multi-track clinical negligence cases arising out of both public and private healthcare. Cait also has experience in cases of misdiagnosis, surgical error and fatal accident cases.+ Add to Brochure