Michelle Christie is a specialist in the law relating to children. Her practice consists of approximately 90% Public Law through which she represents the full ambit of parties; parents including via the Official Solicitor, local authorities, Children’s Guardians and children who can be represented in their own right.
Michelle has particular expertise in the following areas:
• Complex Care Proceedings
• Fabricated and Induced Illness
• Infant deaths and near fatal injuries
• Complex medical cases.
• Sexual abuse including inter-familial and inter-sibling.
• Running Care proceedings where there are concurrent criminal proceedings.
Michelle has over 25 years of experience in Private Law Children Matters and frequently deals with the most protracted and difficult of proceedings including:
• Allegations of abuse are raised.
• Parental Alienation.
• There is a high profile element.
Michelle has been junior to leading counsel on many occasions and has had the pleasure of being led by Jo Delahunty KC, Leslie Samuels KC, Cyrus Larizadeh KC, Darren Howe KC and John Vater KC. Michelle also acts as a leading junior in complex cases.
Michelle is very much committed to pro bono representation and is willing to continue to represent clients in circumstances where funding is no longer available and the interests of justice require continued representation.
C (A child : Fact Finding : Delay)  EWFC B72 (21 November 2014) ED, Re 
EWFC B84 (29 May 2015)
NORHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL v (1) MZ (2) FD (3) FL (2015)
P (A Child), Re  EWCA Civ 720 (11 April 2018)
De Montfort University (1998)
Inns of Court School of Law (1999)
Family Law Bar Association
Michelle is popular with Solicitors and Lay Clients as a result of:
• Her forensic skills and exceptionally thorough case preparation and analysis.
• The quality of her preparatory and written work, which has often attracted praise from the judiciary in judgments.
• Michelle’s cross-examination techniques of experts and other witnesses.
• Michelle’s exceptional advocacy skills are coupled with a very personable and kind approach to lay clients, which assist greatly in making the court process less daunting.