Jonathan Heard is an experienced employment law specialist who advises and represents a range of claimants and respondents in all areas of employment law. His clients have included senior professionals and executives, public and private limited companies, SMEs, solicitors, solicitor firms, charities, schools, city and town councils.
Jonathan is frequently instructed on lengthy and complex cases up and down the country. He is known for his approachability and is well regarded for his forensic analysis and ability to get to the heart of a matter quickly.
Jonathan is direct access qualified.
- Representing a GP practice in a whistleblowing case.
- Representing a claimant in claims of equal pay, sex discrimination and constructive unfair dismissal.
- Representing 59 claimants in a TUPE case on the issue of whether there had been a transfer.
- Representing a firm of solicitors in a long running case involving lengthy and complex claims for whistleblowing, discrimination and unfair dismissal.
- Representing a firm of solicitors in resisting claims for unfair and wrongful dismissal.
- Representing a school at a multiday hearing regarding whistleblowing and constructive unfair dismissal claims.
- Representing a claimant in a ten day constructive unfair dismissal case.
LLB (Hons) – London Metropolitan University
LLM – Kings College London
Bar Vocational Course – BPP, London
Appointments and Memberships
Employment Lawyers Association
Employment Law Bar Association
Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
“Very experienced across the spectrum of employment law matters.” Legal 500
“An employment law specialist.” Legal 500
“Experienced in disability discrimination.” Legal 500
“He is knowledgeable and quick to grasp the issues in all areas of employment law.” Legal 500