The successful candidate will provide a responsive and first-class support to members of Chambers (c140) and members of staff (c40). To proactively monitor and maintain the IT systems and to provide technical support to ensure individuals, and the business as a whole, continues to function with minimal downtime.
JOB DESCRIPTION– IT Support
PLACE OF WORK– St Philips Chambers, Birmingham
HOURS OF WORK– 9.00am to 5.30pm or as required.
REPORTING TO– Chambers Director
General Skills Required:
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software.
- Up-to-date knowledge of IT and software trends.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Strong communications skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to quickly establish good working relationships with stakeholders/clients.
- The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
Precise Skills Required:
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365, Azure, Azure Virtual Desktop, Exchange, OneDrive, Dropbox.
- Extensive knowledge of MacOS operating systems.
- General knowledge of operating system Apple IOS, Android, Linux, Ubuntu.
- Managing The Criminal Justice Secure Mail System (CJSM) for Chambers, setting up new accounts and troubleshooting.
- Very Good knowledge in audio-visual equipment. Requires strong technical, troubleshooting and communication skills, sometimes having to speak with third parties i.e., Courts IT or Judges.
- Knowledge of 3CX Telephone system (Desirable).
- Proficient in the GDPR.
- Knowledge of Cyber security (Desirable).
- Advising barristers and staff on IT solutions, new equipment i.e., laptops, phones tablets.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades.
- Overseeing the Wi-Fi systems.
- Overseeing the CCTV system.
- Overseeing the door entry system.
- Maintaining records of software licences.
- Managing stocks of equipment, components, consumables; and other supplies.
- Managing and controlling key relationships with IT service providers.
- Flexibility to adapt to different work situations and patterns.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone).
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Testing new technology.
- To ensure that all tasks are carried out in a safe working manner in accordance with Company Health and Safety Policy and safe working practices.
- To carry out any such duties as may reasonably be requested by The Company.
- To bring to the attention of your Line Manager any matter which prevents or hinders the execution of these duties.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to Juliette Print firstname.lastname@example.org