Having successfully completed pupillage in 2016 – 2017 under the supervision of Simon Clegg and Rosalyn Carter, William is developing a busy practice with a focus on family, employment and commercial law.
William is a fluent speaker of Russian, and is happy to accept instructions in cases with an international element, particularly involving Russia or the former USSR.
In his spare time, William enjoys theatre, cricket, football and walking.
Membership of Professional Organisations
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- BPTC (University of Law) – Very Competent
- GDL (BPP Law School) – Commendation
- MA Russian and East European Literature and Culture (University College London) – Pass
- BA (Hons) Russian Studies (University of Birmingham) – First Class
Scholarships and prizes
- Ecclesiastical Law Society – Inter-Inn Mooting Shield (2015, representing Gray’s Inn)
- Gray’s Inn – Lord Justice Holker Scholarship (2014)
- Gray’s Inn – CPE Scholarship (2012)
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Abuse, Neglect and Human Rights
William has a longstanding interest in human rights law, and has been an active member of the Human Rights Lawyers Association since 2013. Recently, he has advised on the prospects of successfully claiming against an NHS Trust for breaches of Article 8 ECHR. He has also advised on the quantum of damages that may be awarded under the Human Rights Act 1998.+ Add to Brochure
William has appeared for Claimants in interim hearings in the County Court and High Court in cases involving catastrophic and life-changing injuries. His recent experience includes:
- Costs budgeting in a road traffic accident where the Claimant suffered a life-changing knee injury.
- Timetabling expert evidence in a High Court claim brought on behalf of a child who suffered catastrophic brain injuries in a road traffic accident.
William has considerable experience of credit hire litigation in the County Court. He appears for Claimants and Defendants, and is very familiar with the legal principles that apply. He has also acted for Defendant insurers in subrogated claims.+ Add to Brochure