Having successfully completed pupillage in 2016 – 2017 under the supervision of Simon Clegg and Rosalyn Carter, William is developing a busy practice with a focus on family, employment and commercial law.
William is a fluent speaker of Russian, and is happy to accept instructions in cases with an international element, particularly involving Russia or the former USSR.
In his spare time, William enjoys theatre, cricket, football and walking.
Membership of Professional Organisations
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- BPTC (University of Law) – Very Competent
- GDL (BPP Law School) – Commendation
- MA Russian and East European Literature and Culture (University College London) – Pass
- BA (Hons) Russian Studies (University of Birmingham) – First Class
Scholarships and prizes
- Ecclesiastical Law Society – Inter-Inn Mooting Shield (2015, representing Gray’s Inn)
- Gray’s Inn – Lord Justice Holker Scholarship (2014)
- Gray’s Inn – CPE Scholarship (2012)
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
William acts for claimants and respondents in the employment tribunal. He has experience of the full range of employment tribunal hearings, from case management discussions and open preliminary hearings dealing with discrete issues through to multi-day final hearings. He also has an interest in contractual employment disputes, particularly around restrictive covenants in the contract of employment.
William’s recent experience includes:
- Securing a reinstatement order on behalf of a claimant, notwithstanding that the employment tribunal had made a finding of 15% contributory fault against the claimant.
- Securing findings of unfair dismissal and disability discrimination on behalf of two claimants who had both been dismissed because their attendance records.
- Advising on the merits of a proposed equal pay and sex discrimination claim.
- Successfully arguing that a final written warning given to a claimant was manifestly inappropriate.
Reported Cases:+ Add to Brochure