With a specialist criminal practice, Tom has a wide range of experience and expertise in all areas of crime. He comes recommended as an accomplished, talented and dedicated trial advocate, but is also known for the quality and intelligence of his written work and his attention to detail. He is a level 4 prosecutor and member of the specialist rape panel.
Tom believes that hard work, preparation and working closely with his professional clients are the keys to successfully presenting a case.
Qualifications and Appointments:
University of Bristol:
BA (Hons) Philosophy, First Class
Winner of Cicely Coulson Prize, awarded to the most promising final year student
University of Birmingham:
Common Professional Examination (Postgraduate diploma)
Winner of Branthwaite Prize, awarded for best performance on the CPE
Inns of Court School of Law:
Bar Vocational Course
Lincoln’s Inn Levitt Pupillage Scholarship
Criminal Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Homicide (Murder and Manslaughter)
Tom has considerable experience in homicide cases, including cases of lethal group violence,planned individual murders, conspiracies to murder, attempted murder and death by dangerous driving.
- R v PW (2014): Causing death by dangerous driving
- R v ST (2013): Attempted murder, home invasion stabbing
- R v Martyn Geoghegan (2013): Conspiracy to murder - drive-by shooting
- R v Meenan, Meenan, Ryan, Bayliss & others (2011): Murder of shopkeeper in the course of a robbery. Issues of joint enterprise and visual capacity.
- R v Hollyoake, Poyner & Neelan (2008): Group murder by sustained beating within the Coventry homeless community
- R v Britten (2007): Murder. Complex issues of mixed sample DNA contamination and transfer.
- R v Campbell & others (2006): Murder and assisting an offender. City centre nightclub shooting.