Tom studied law at Cambridge University, and has been a member of St Philips Chambers since its foundation. He practises mainly in the fields of personal injury and clinical negligence. Most of his cases are high value (£100,000 +) or complex. He is instructed both by claimants and defendants (more claimant than defendant). He is also instructed in commercial cases which are linked to his main fields of expertise (for example, professional negligence claims which arise from negligent handling of a personal injury case). He is head of the Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Groups within Chambers. He is a School Governor of a primary school near his home in Warwickshire.
What the Directories Say:
- “He’s always thoroughly prepared and has meticulously read through the papers. No matter how big the file is he will know it inside out.”, “He’s very client-focused and has a calm and personable approach.”, “Possibly one of the most approachable barristers in practice.” and “Clients really warm to him. He is knowledgeable and has great technical expertise.” – Chambers UK 2019
- “He has an impressive ability to instil calm into very stressful situations.” – Legal 500
- “He has a very quick grasp on matters and has a good nature with the clients.“, “He’s very impressive; very methodical with a good eye for detail.“, “He’s very good with clients that are distressed; he has got a sure touch with clients who are troubled.” – Chambers UK
- Mainly represents claimants in high-value personal injury cases involving issues such as RTAs and employers’ liability. Instructing solicitors value his experience, thorough approach and client rapport. “He is courteous, persuasive and authoritative, and he knows the law inside and out. I would rather have him on my side than as an opponent.” – Chambers UK
- “Very thorough, with excellent attention to detail in advice, pleadings and schedules.” – Legal 500
Qualifications and Appointments:
- MA (Cantab)
- Recorder (Crown Court and County Court)
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Birmingham Medico-Legal Society
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue