Sara has vast experience in public law at all levels – County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal – acting for parents and guardians. She undertakes cases involving the most serious types of non-accidental injury and is regularly instructed to represent respondent parties in cases where non accidental head injury is alleged. Sara has also has considerable experience of acting for those with complex psychiatric issues such as FII. Prior to coming to the Bar, Sara was a neuropsychologist, undertaking both clinical and research work, therefore has particular interest and expertise in matters involving complex medical evidence, mental health issues, problems associated with addiction and cognitive impairment.
Sara is also known for her ability to engage those with complex problems and her commitment to ensuring their rights are properly recognised, indeed she remains committed to representing those who are most vulnerable.
Sara is well respected for the quality of her court performance and her robust advocacy when necessary. She is a dedicated barrister who can be relied upon to proceed in a proactive manner, providing straightforward advice at every stage. Sara endeavours to build a productive working relationship with both lay and professional clients, of particular importance in long running cases. To that end she is available at short notice and out of hours to discuss matters and to provide advice.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- M.A (Hons)
- CPE –Commendation
- Accredited Mediator
- Assistant Coroner, Greater Manchester South
- Sports Resolutions Panel of Arbitrators – Chairpersons List
What the Directories Say:
- “A vigorous advocate in court; clients like her.” – Legal 500 2019
- “Regularly handles care cases where there are concerns over the mental wellbeing of parents.” – Legal 500 2014
- “Singled out for childcare matters” – Legal 500 2012
- ” Sara Lewis commended for childcare work.” – Legal 500 2011
- “An incredibly hard working barrister who strives to do all that she can to put the best interests of her clients forward, no matter how hard the battle may be. A dedicated barrister who can be relied on for her honest and expert advice” – Instructing Solicitor
- Member of Coroners’ Society of England and Wales
- Regional Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Association of Lawyers for Animal Welfare
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue