Rosa is an experienced employment and civil practitioner with a busy practice.
Rosa regularly represents Claimants and Respondents in employment tribunal cases. She has appeared numerous times in the EAT for both appellants and respondents.
Rosa has experience of the full range of employment claims, including unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, sex, race and disability discrimination, whistleblowing and TUPE. She is confident dealing with high value claims, and has appeared in statutory cap cases in the tribunal. She has a particular interest in disability discrimination claims.
Rosa is instructed in employment disputes at every stage of the proceedings, and is regularly involved in drafting initial advices in respect of prospects, drafting grounds of complaint/resistance, preliminary hearings and trials.
Rosa has established a busy personal injury practice both in terms of court hearings and paperwork. She frequently appears in fast track and multi-track trials in respect of both liability and quantum, as well as dealing with interim hearings and costs only hearings.
Rosa has a successful paper practice, and regularly advises clients as to liability and/or quantum both on paper and in conference. She is also experienced at drafting pleadings.
Rosa undertakes a wide variety of cases including trippers and slippers, employers liability, road traffic accidents, occupiers liability. Rosa is equally confident at representing claimants or defendants (including local authorities), having ample experience of both.
Rosa accepts appropriate cases on a CFA.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Deputy District Judge (Civil)
- BA Jurisprudence (1st Class), Trinity College (Oxford)
- BVC, Nottingham Law School (Very Competent)
- Employment Law Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Rosa has experience of representing both claimants and defendants in a wide range of clinical negligence matters, including high value claims and claims under the Fatal Accidents Act.
Rosa has a particular interest in cases involving the misdiagnosis of cancer. For example, she represented a client whose soft tissue sarcoma was misdiagnosed as a lipoma on three occasions, leading to a delay in diagnosis in the region of five years. The case raised complex issues of causation; all experts agreed that the cancer would lead to the early death of the claimant, but the defendant’s stance was that the prognosis had not been materially affected by the delay in diagnosis. Rosa also represented the estate of a client who had died from prostate cancer following errors in his care which led to a year’s delay in diagnosis, and a client whose breast cancer was not diagnosed leading to loss of life expectancy.
Examples of other cases Rosa has been instructed in include:
- A claim against an orthopaedic surgeon in respect of internal fixation of a closed displaced subtrochanteric which was in a mal reduced position
- A claim in respect of vitamin D deficiency which was misdiagnosed over a number of years.
- A claim in respect of a cervical stitch which caused a perforated bladder.
- A claim against a dentist in respect of negligent cosmetic dental work.
- Negligent neo-natal care resulting in a facial deformity to the infant.
- A claim in respect of the exacerbation of dementia and early death of an elderly patient who was given the incorrect dosage of Mementine during a stay in a care home.
- The misdiagnosis of a suppurative keratitis as conjunctivitis, resulting in permanently impaired vision.
Rosa accepts instructions at all stages of proceedings. Rosa is a member of the Inquests team and has experience of attending inquests for families concerned about the treatment their loved one received prior to their death.
Rosa accepts appropriate cases on a CFA basis.+ Add to Brochure