Receiving praise for his “thoughtful, measured approach and impressive advocacy style” (Chambers UK 2018), Rob specialises in commercial litigation, particularly company, insolvency and High Court employment. He appears regularly in the High Court, often against significantly more senior opponents. He is an experienced trial advocate and cross-examiner.
Rob has a varied commercial and contract law practice. His recent cases include a £5m misfeasance claim, a £2m claim under a sale and purchase agreement, a £800k restrictive covenants claim and an anticipated 11-day trial about the ownership of a company.
Rob has particular expertise in company and boardroom disputes. Solicitors instruct him regularly in unfair prejudice petitions, and disputes about directors’ duties, restrictive covenants and confidential information.
Insolvency cases make up a substantial proportion of Rob’s work.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- MA (Cantab.), Law with European Legal Studies, Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge, First Class
- Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
- Midland Chancery and Commercial Bar Association (MCCBA)
- Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
What the Directories say:
- “He is a very academically gifted company counsel, who is as at home as a sole advocate against more senior adversaries as he is as part of a team.” and”He is thoughtful and brilliant – a man to go to for advice on complex and technical legal disputes.” (Chambers UK 2019)
- “Incredibly hardworking and very grounded.” and“Ferociously intelligent; he punches above his weight.” (Legal 500 2019)
- “He has expertise in employment, company and insolvency matters and receives praise for his thoughtful, measured approach and impressive advocacy style” (Chambers UK 2018)
- “He is an outstanding draftsman and offers clear, robust and commercial advice.” (Chambers UK 2018)
- “He has a powerful intellect and his analysis is faultless.” (Chambers UK 2018)
- “He has great intellect and is good on his feet.” (Chambers UK 2017)
- “He is very clever, good with clients and highly approachable.” (Chambers UK 2017)
- “An excellent advocate, who provides clear and pragmatic advice in conference.” (Chambers UK 2016)
- “A man with a huge brain, but he’s not unapproachable or difficult to deal with.” (Chambers UK 2016)
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue