Naomi began her professional career as a solicitor at what is now a national and international law firm where she practiced in regulatory work, licensing/gaming and white collar crime. She transferred to the Bar in 1996 and has been a specialist advocate in those fields ever since. Her background as a solicitor gives her a rare understanding from the perspective of the professional client and is just one of her unique selling points. She places great importance on understanding the inner workings of law firms and the pressures faced therein and more recently took a secondment within the regulatory department of a tier 1 law firm.
Naomi’s experience is considerable and wide-ranging. She regularly deals with high profile complex matters. Her approach is user friendly yet professional and meticulous. She has a razor-sharp legal mind and is an extremely persuasive advocate. Her flexible manner makes her equally effective in front of the varied types of tribunal encountered in these fields, from the Magistrates Court to the Administrative Court and before disciplinary panels.
She is regularly instructed to defend in privately funded cases in all courts across the country and has a reputation for being commercially minded and cost sensitive. She encourages the use of fixed / capped fees where appropriate providing certainty of costs for clients.
What the Directories Say:
- “She prepares well and is extremely client friendly.” and “A very safe pair of hands.” – Legal 500 2019
- “Very client-friendly, extremely capable in court and very thorough. Clients love her. She puts a lot of time into cases.” – Chambers UK 2019
- “Her advocacy style is fearless yet appealing to judge and jury.” – Legal 500
- “Unshakably confident and firm in advocacy.“, “A great lawyer, who is to the point, economical and realistic.” – Legal 500
- “A former solicitor whose heavyweight crime practice is highlighted by solicitors due to her exemplary client care skills. She defends and prosecutes in cases ranging from white-collar crime to regulatory offences.” – Chambers & Partners
- “She is extremely client focused and an extremely good advocate.“; “She provides a top service to solicitors” – Chambers & Partners
- “She has a head for tactics, and is a good all-rounder.“; and “(she is) someone going very far indeed, almost certainly to silk and then to the Bench” – Chambers & Partners
- “(She is) meticulous in her preparation.” and “(she) has exceptionally good judgment, persuasive arguments and impressive cross examination skills.” – Legal 500
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue