Matthew commenced a specialist criminal pupillage under the supervision of Darron Whitehead in October 2018.
Immediately before starting his pupillage, Matthew was employed as a legal costs assistant and also volunteered as an advisor with his local Citizens Advice Bureau. Prior to that Matthew worked as a paralegal at a local firm of solicitors specialising in criminal law. This involved completing preparatory work for matters going through the Crown Court and providing assistance and advice to clients at police stations.
Matthew has a keen interest in sport, particularly in football and golf. He is also looking to complete a half-marathon in the coming year, having previously took part in the Three Peaks Challenge and ten “Tough Mudder” events.
- BPTC, BPP Law School – Outstanding
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School – Distinction
- BA (Hons), History and Politics, University of Birmingham – 2:1
Scholarships and prizes:
- 2018 – Certificate of Honour (Middle Temple)
- 2017 – Jules Thorn Scholarship for BPTC (Middle Temple)
- 2016 – Jules Thorn Scholarship for GDL (Middle Temple)
Membership of Professional Organisations:
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Criminal Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue