- An experienced and highly regarded specialist employment law barrister.
- Handles a broad range of employment matters, and is particularly adept at complex discrimination cases.
- In practice at St Philips Chambers in Birmingham for 10 years.
- Appointed to the Midlands panel of treasury counsel.
- Direct access qualified and frequently accepts instructions on this basis.
- Regularly conducts workplace investigations, normally concerning serious disciplinary or grievance cases.
What the directories say:
Jonathan has been recommended in the last five editions of the Chambers & Partners independent guide to the legal profession. The guide quotes are as follows:
- “He has a sharp, analytical mind.”
- “His knowledge is extremely impressive, as is his attention to detail.”
- “Very approachable, very personable and very knowledgeable.”
- “He’s quietly confident and approachable, and normal with it, which is why people recommend him”
- “He’s a good advocate and prepares very impressive documents”
- “He produces very good opinions and is very persuasive at hearings.”
- “He has a good manner with clients and comes well prepared.”
- “Jonathan is praised by solicitors for his client manner.”
- “He gets off the fence very quickly – he’ll give you a view on the merit of a case immediately.”
- “Has a confidence and gravitas that belies his year of call”
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Jonathan has always specialised in employment law and has wide experience of employment tribunal proceedings. He frequently acts in complex or lengthy claims, especially concerning discrimination.
Jonathan is regularly instructed by large employers, local authorities and government departments. In addition he has represented a variety of claimants having often been instructed by trade unions, and he has also been instructed by the Equality and Human Rights Commission. Jonathan is often asked to represent on appeals to the EAT and he has appeared in a number of reported cases.
Jonathan undertakes advisory work (including non contentious) and is often involved in cases at an early stage. He believes in working as part of a team and seeks to work closely with professional and lay clients in order to achieve the best possible result at tribunal.
In recent years Jonathan has become increasingly sought after as a workplace investigator. Jonathan is typically instructed to investigate serious disciplinary or grievance issues which are of considerable importance to the workplace.
Jonathan has been involved in investigating allegations of the utmost severity and concerning senior leaders in the organisation. He has conducted investigations involving interviewing many witnesses and uncovering a wide range of documentary evidence.
Jonathan puts his skills and experience to good use in producing detailed and thorough investigation reports which have proved to be of considerable assistance to organisations in resolving the issues which have arisen.
In conducting investigations Jonathan always ensures that he combines a high level of scrutiny with an approachable manner and fair procedures.+ Add to Brochure