Jonathan has been recognised as a leading junior in the Midlands for Employment Law since 2005. He can digest large amounts of information quickly and has an excellent eye for detail. He is tenacious in Tribunal, yet able to get the best out of his witnesses. Jonathan excels in multiday complex Tribunal claims. Appears predominantly on the respondent side of claims for local authorities, NHS trusts and private sector clients. He is a qualified mediator.
What the Directories Say:
- “A barrister with gravitas, who commands clients’ respect.” – Legal 500 2019
- “He’s user-friendly, thorough and he communicates well with clients. He’s also strong in cross-examination.” and “He’s fantastic.” – Chambers UK 2019
- “Well-informed and excellent in tribunals.” – Legal 500
- “Highly experienced in acting for employers in discrimination disputes.” – Legal 500
- “He is very well organised and prepared, takes time to understand the bundle and has a very good manner with clients.” “He is excellent on very technical issues – he flourishes when making difficult technical legal arguments.” – Chambers and Partners
The Legal 500 noted his ‘wide breath of knowledge’ and ‘confident, relaxed approach’. Chambers & Partners noted his ‘friendly and mild-mannered approach’ along with his ability to dispense ‘detailed and pragmatic advice, which has won him the respect of clients and instructing solicitors alike’.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- BA Hons
- CEDR qualified Mediator
Articles and Publications:
- Justifying Age Discrimination – the Law after Seldon and Homer -St Phiips Newsletter February 2013
- Bias in Tribunal – ELA Briefing – April 2009
- Walking the Reference Tightrope – New Law Journal – September 2001
- Connected Lender Liability – New Law Journal – May 2006
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue