Dominic has a broad based practice in commercial law and advises on both contentious and transactional matters.
He is regularly instructed by the legal departments of major corporates and by accountancy firms to advise on specific issues arising on corporate and other transactions. He has significant experience in resolving claims arising out of complex contractual documentation.
Dominic also advises on professional negligence claims, in particular those relating to company or financial matters.
Dominic was previously an equity partner at a leading national law firm where he was both a litigation and corporate partner.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Worcester College, University of Oxford, M.A (Lit. Hum.)
- Acting for defendant solicitor firm in a professional negligence claim for advice given in relation to a company insolvency
- Advising on a professional negligence claim for tax advice given by a firm of accountants on a group reorganisation
- Acting for the buyer of a horse in a successful claim for misrepresentation
- Advice on the implication of a term in a contract to restrict the exercise of an unfettered contractual discretion
- Acting for the defendant on a claim under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957
- Defence of a claim for indemnity under an implied agency
- Claim against a bank for duress/undue influence and misrepresentation on the sale of a derivative
- Acting for claimant at trial on successful claim that an advance constituted a loan and not a gift
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue