Blondel grew up in a household of athletes, she is a former British Junior Record Holder and Senior British and Commonwealth Record Holder. Two of her brothers, Garry and Keith were professional footballers, whilst another brother, Glyn, represented the Marines in athletics, football, cricket, basketball and volleyball All of this combined has enabled Blondel to develop an expertise in Sports law.
As a former British and Common Wealth record holder in athletics, two brothers who made their living from professional football and a son who is a former World Indoor Champion at 400m has enabled Blondel to develop an expertise in Sports law.
She prosecutes and defends a variety of cases from Murder and Manslaughter to offences under the Theft Act. In a recent case, she defended one of four defendants facing an indictment containing 51 counts of historical rape, buggery, indecent assault.
In 1998 she became a Panel Judge member for the Disciplinary Tribunals of UK Athletics. In 2010 Blondel was appointed as arbitrator for the Court of Arbitration for Sport, (based in Lausanne Switzerland). She is also a Panel member for the Inns of Court from which Disciplinary Tribunals of the Bar are drawn.
Blondel regularly delivers seminars specialising on Sports Law.
- International Criminal Lawyer (The Hague, The Netherlands)
- Member of The International Criminal Court Bar Association (ICCBA) The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Appointed as Chairwoman in 2001 for The Football Association Appeals Board, that was extended in 2005 by Sports Resolutions to other areas such as Swimming, Anti-Doping, Child Protection and the Illegibility Appeal involving Sports Council Recognition of a sport.
- Appointed to the Safeguarding Children in Sport panel
- Appointed to the Ad Hoc Division for the UEFA EURO 2012 as an Arbitration Judge
- Honorary Vice President of Birchfield Harriers (2012 to present)
- In May 2013 Blondel Thompson was successfully interviewed and placed on the Special Tribunal for Lebanon List of Victims Counsel.
- Appointed to the Ad-Hoc Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) as an arbitrator judge to cover the XX Commonwealth Games in Glasgow 2014.
- Appointed as Specialist Member of the National Anti-Doping Panel.
- 2015 – Admitted to the International Criminal Court List of Counsel, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- 2017 – Appointed to the Disciplinary Panel for England Boxing.
- 2017 – Appointed as a Bencher of the Middle Temple.
- 2017 – Member of Women In Sports Law
- 2018 – School Mentor
- 2018 – Middle Temple Midlands Circuit Society Committee Member
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
- Higgs -v- Rossendales Limited
- Kasper Atkin -v- Ricky Williams
- R -v- Simon Jones (Trading Standards)
- R v Dilan Ibrahim Abdullah (Counterfeit Cigarettes)