Anthony has practised in Birmingham throughout his professional life, starting at 1 Fountain Court before moving to St Philips following the merger of those two sets in 2002.
Whilst Anthony has practised in employment throughout his time at the Bar, he has increasingly focussed upon this area of his practice in recent years and now practices almost exclusively in the field of employment law.
Whilst a vastly experienced and fearless advocate, Anthony prides himself outside the courtroom as providing a user-friendly and approachable service to lay and professional clients alike at all stages of the litigation process.
Anthony is fluent in written and spoken Italian, having previously lived and worked in Italy.
He also has a good working knowledge of French and Spanish, having studied the former to A-Level.
Anthony’s recent work includes:
- Jose Gonsalves v The Rationalist Association2301850/2016 and 2302431/2016– successfully acting on behalf of the Respondent in resisting claims including whistleblowing, automatic unfair dismissal and wrongful dismissal.
- Andrew Higgins v Deafness Resource Centre Limited 2405115/2016 – successfully acting on behalf of the Respondent charity in resisting claims of discrimination arising from disability and a failure to make reasonable adjustments.
- Muhammad v St John Ambulance 2600030/2017 – successfully acting on behalf of the Respondent in resisting a claim of race discrimination.
- Lancaster v Catalyst Housing Association 2200832/2017 – successfully acting on behalf of the Respondent housing association in resisting a claim of unfair dismissal.
- Acting on behalf of a set of barristers’ chambers in an ongoing 15-day complex discrimination and whistleblowing claim.
What the directories say:
- “The ultimate professional and the ideal counsel for those complex matters that just need that something extra.” – The Legal 500 2010
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust v Westwood UKEAT/0032/09
- Campbell v OCS Group UK Limited UKEAT/0188/16/DA
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Bromsgrove School
- BA (Hons) Cantab (Magdalene College, Law)
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue