Andrew prosecutes and defends in cases of gravity and complexity and is regularly instructed in cases involving allegations of homicide, organised crime and serious fraud. Chambers UK Guide describes him as “an impressive top class advocate who prosecutes and defends in serious criminal cases”.
Andrew attracts repeat instructions from both major firms of solicitors and the Crown Prosecution Service, including the Complex Casework Unit. The cases in which he is instructed frequently attract media interest. His cases often raise novel and/ or complex matters of evidence and procedure.
He has significant experience of homicide cases ranging from the deaths of babies and young children through to gang related murders. Andrew has been instructed in many cases involving organised criminal activity at both a national and regional level. In fraud cases Andrew has represented company directors and other professionals.
Andrew is renowned for his technical excellence and extensive and meticulous preparation. He is said by Chambers UK Guide to be “incredibly intelligent”. The Legal 500 describes Andrew as being noted for his “superior intellect”, “good client manner” and his “ability to grasp facts and issues instantly”.
What the Directories Say:
- “He is at the zenith of criminal practice and is extremely intelligent and extremely personable.” – Chambers UK 2019
- “He’s exceptionally bright and has a massive attention to detail.” – Chambers UK
- “Recommended for both prosecution and defence in serious criminal cases.” – Legal 500
- “He handles complex cases, and is experienced in homicide, organised crime and serious fraud disputes.” – Legal 500
- “He is very clever and will find something that no one else picks up. His knowledge, skill and analytical ability are exceptional.” – Chambers UK
Qualifications and Appointments:
- MA Oxford (Jurisprudence)
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship from the Middle Temple
- Recorder on the Midland Circuit since 2009
- Andrew is a tutor judge for the Judicial College.
- Andrew is a National Lead Facilitator for Vulnerable Witness advocacy training.
- Andrew is a member of the Criminal Bar Association.
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue