Andrew is an experienced Clinical Negligence barrister and head of the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury Groups.
What the directories say:
- “He is very switched-on and extremely thorough. His ability to get his head around complex medical issues is very impressive. His advice and support fills me with confidence in any case in which he is instructed.” “Responsive and great with clients. Good technical ability.” (Chambers and Partners 2019)
- “He has full command of the key issues in a case” (Legal 500 2019) Ranked Tier 1 PI/Clin Neg
- “His attention to detail on some of the finer points was second to none. I was impressed with his approachable manner yet in-depth knowledge of the subject matter, which you would only see from a true specialist in the field of clinical negligence.” (Chambers and Partners 2018)
- “He has an eye for detail; his drafting is impressive. He’s a strong advocate.” “He’s got a really good feel for client care.” (Chambers and Partners 2016)
- “He is personable, and has great client-care skills.” (Legal 500 2016)
- “His client care is second to none. I use him on cases with clients that are more difficult as he manages their expectation well.” “He picks up on complex issues quickly.”(Chambers and Partners 2015)
Qualifications and Appointments:
- LLB (Hons) 2:1 University of Birmingham
- ICSL (Very Competent)
- Hardwicke Scholar of Lincolns Inn
- Treasurer of the Midland Circuit
- IoL Member
- AvMa Member
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Andrew has an established practice in clinical negligence cases built on his earlier experience in personal injury work. His growing reputation sees him instructed by some of the leading national law firms in this highly specialised field, where his client care, attention to detail and ability to identify how cases can be won are appreciated and in demand.
Andrew receives instructions to draft statements of case and schedules, advise and appear in applications, provide advice in writing or conference with expert witnesses in attendance and provide representation at trial.
Andrew has a particular interest in recent years in cosmetic surgery cases.
Recent instructions include claims relating to:
- Failure to diagnose a deterioration in kidney function leading to the loss of a single remaining kidney leading to a transplant.
- Failure to identify and repair a grade four tear during childbirth.
- Delays in diagnosis of cancer.
- Failures to diagnose scaphoid fractures leading to serious disability.
- Failure to diagnose a brain cyst leading to the death of a child from hydrocephalus.
- Negligently performed total gastrectomy where a patient was wrongly diagnosed with cancer.
- Failure to diagnose and correctly treat a potentially fatal cardiac condition.
- Extravasation injuries causing disfiguring scarring to children.
- Failure to diagnose and treat compartment syndrome leading to disability.
- Negligently performed ACL repairs.
- Negligently performed cystoscopy leading to Peyronie’s disease.
- Failures to consent and competently carry out breast augmentations and lifts, face lifts, rhinoplasty, procedures involving cosmetic fillers
- Failures to identify and manage infections following cosmetic surgery and procedures.
- Negligently performed cosmetic dentistry including implants leading to nerve injury.
- Falls and accidents on the ward / private hospital rooms.
Andrew is happy to accept instructions on a CFA basis where appropriate and to appear before the Coroners Court where civil claims are contemplated.
As part of St Philips’ continuing commitment to continuity of representation, and desire to be actively involved in cases from the earliest stages, Andrew regularly appears for parties at CCMCs and is entirely comfortable with costs budgeting of budgets up to c.£400k.+ Add to Brochure