Andrew is a specialist Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence and Licensing barrister.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- LLB (Hons) 2:1 University of Birmingham
- ICSL (Very Competent)
- Hardwicke Scholar of Lincolns Inn
- Treasurer of the Midland Circuit
- IoL Member
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Legal 500 2016: ‘He is personable, and has great client-care skills.’
Legal 500 2015: ‘He has a great grasp of technical areas of law.’
Chambers and Partners 2015: "His client care is second to none. I use him on cases with clients that are more difficult as he manages their expectation well." "He picks up on complex issues quickly."
Chambers and Partners 2016: "He has an eye for detail; his drafting is impressive. He's a strong advocate." "He's got a really good feel for client care."
Andrew has an established practice in clinical negligence cases built on his ten years’ experience in personal injury work. His growing reputation and experience sees him instructed by some of the leading law firms in this highly specialised field, where his client care, attention to detail and ability to identify how cases can be won are much appreciated and in demand.
Andrew receives instructions to draft statements of case, schedules, and applications and advise in writing and in conference with expert witnesses in attendance.
Andrew has a particular interest in recent years in cosmetic surgery cases.
Recent instructions include claims relating to:
- Failure to diagnose a deterioration in kidney function leading to the loss of a single remaining kidney leading to a transplant.
- Failure to identify and repair a grade four tear during childbirth.
- Delays in diagnosis of cancer.
- Failures to diagnose scaphoid fractures leading to serious disability.
- Failure to diagnose a brain cyst leading to the death of a child from hydrocephalus.
- Negligently performed total gastrectomy where a patient was wrongly diagnosed with cancer.
- Failure to diagnose and correctly treat a potentially fatal cardiac condition.
- Extravasation injuries causing disfiguring scarring to a children.
- Failure to diagnose and treat compartment syndrome leading to disability.
- Negligently performed ACL repairs.
- Negligently performed cystoscopy leading to peyronie’s disease.
- Failures to consent and competently carry out breast augmentations and lifts, face lifts, rhinoplasty, procedures involving cosmetic fillers
- Failures to identify and manage infections following cosmetic surgery and procedures.
- Negligently performed cosmetic dentistry including implants leading to nerve injury.
Andrew is happy to accept instructions on a CFA basis where appropriate and to appear before the Coroners Court where civil claims are contemplated.+ Add to Brochure