The St Philips Chambers Criminal Group is one of the premier criminal teams in the Country. We boast a team of 9 Queen’s Counsel and 40 juniors allowing us to provide both strength and depth of representation and, of course, the highest levels of advocacy. Our members appear in all types of criminal Courts in the Country from the Magistrates’ Court to the Supreme Court (formerly the House of Lords). The cases in which members of the group are instructed regularly feature in the law reports and in the press. Members of the team are also regularly listed in the Legal 500 and Chambers Directory as being “leaders in their field.”
We both defend and prosecute. Our caseload includes cases of murder, manslaughter (including corporate manslaughter), terrorism, serious sexual offences, fraud, business crime and large scale drug conspiracies. Members of the group also appear in many matters of lesser criminality which nevertheless have devastating consequences for those facing such charges. Our sub-group headings give more detail about the cases we deal with and the services we offer.
Many members of the Group are listed as preferred counsel by key national defence firms as well as the Attorney General, the Crown Prosecution Service and the Serious Fraud Office.
The team is well represented in the judiciary with a significant number of members sitting part time as either Recorders in the Crown Court or Deputy District Judges in the Magistrates’ Court.
We are committed to the profession and the development of necessary skills. Individual members of the group have roles on the Bar Council and within the Criminal Bar Association. The group also has a substantial number of advocacy trainers for the Midland Circuit and the Inns of Court.
We deal with publicly funded and privately funded cases. Many of our group are Public Access and Direct Access trained. This allows for direct instruction by members of the public in appropriate cases without the need for the instruction of a solicitor as well, or direct instruction from another professional.
If you have any questions whether as a member of the public, a Solicitor or a member of another profession, please do not hesitate to contact our clerking team, on +44 (0)121 246 0200 or email email@example.com , who will do their best to help.
Full CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
- Andrew Smith QC Silk: 2012
- Malcolm Morse Call: 1967
- David Crigman QC Silk: 1989
- Stephen Linehan QC Silk: 1993
- Timothy Raggatt QC Silk: 1993
- Christopher Millington QC Silk: 2001
- Stephen Thomas Call: 1980
- Bernard Linnemann Call: 1980
- Makhan Shoker Call: 1981
- Paul Mytton Call: 1982
- Kevin Hegarty QC Silk: 2010
- John Evans Call: 1983
- Peter Haynes QC Silk: 2008
- Andrew Jackson Call: 1986
- Blondel Thompson Call: 1987
- Richard Atkins QC Silk: 2011
- Simon Davis Call: 1990
- James Puzey Call: 1990
- Glyn Samuel Call: 1991
- Matthew Barnes Call: 1992
- Stefan Kolodynski Call: 1993
- Lee Marklew Call: 1993
- Philip Beardwell Call: 1994
- Ragveer Chand Call: 1994
- Nicholas Smith Call: 1994
- Darron Whitehead Call: 1995
- James Dunstan Call: 1995
- Simon Phillips Call: 1996
- Naomi Gilchrist Call: 1996
- Charles Blatchford Call: 1997
- Raj Punia Call: 1999
- Jane Sarginson Call: 2000
- Ian Speed Call: 2000
- Ben Mills Call: 2000
- Jennifer Josephs Call: 2000
- Zaheer Afzal Call: 2000
- Tom Walkling Call: 2001
- Wendy Miller Call: 2001
- David Munro Call: 2001
- Rajinder Gill Call: 2001
- Kate Gibson Call: 2001
- Amrisha Parathalingam Call: 2004
- Carl Templar-Vasey Call: 2006
- Ben Williams Call: 2006
- Lisa Hancox Call: 2006
- Jonathan Barker Call: 2006
- Joseph Millington Call: 2009
- Ben Close Call: 2009
- James Bruce Call: 2010
- Mohammad Hafeez Call: 2011
- Kinga Tibori-Szabó Call: 2013
- Harinderpal Dhami Call: 2016
- Alexander Barbour Call: 2017
- Catherine Ravenscroft Call: 2017
- Matthew Cullen [Pupil] Call: 2018
- Olivia Beesley [Pupil] Call: 2018
Latest News crime
Simon Davis prosecutes high profile fraudster who ...
Stephen Thomas appointed as a Circuit Judge...
Catherine Ravenscroft accepts offer of tenancy...
St Philips Chambers Pupils commence practice on Mo...
Charles Blatchford at the Deepcut Inquest...
Peter Haynes QC acts for Greek Cypriots in claim a...